Water Based Chimney Sealer
Chimneys take a beating from severe weather year round. Water penetration is the single greatest cause of deterioration and damage. Waterproofing your chimney is a simple and easy task that will extend the life of your chimney for years and will protect against expensive repairs. Chimney leaks are a frustrating problem for many homeowners; waterproofing your chimney is the best way to solve chimney leaking problems. While there are several potential sources for water intrusion on a chimney, the brick and mortar joints are usually the most obvious places to start.
Klere-Treat WB is a premium grade masonry water repellent used to seal brick and masonry without altering the surface appearance, it is not just another chimney sealer. It is designed to penetrate into the brick and work entirely below the surface. It doesn’t change the look or color of the brick and provides exceptional protection against efflorescence, staining, salt and freeze thaw spalling for porous building materials including brick, concrete, natural stone, and grout. Surfaces remain breathable to allow trapped moisture to escape.
Properties/Benefits of Klere-Treat WB
- Effective protection against water
- Reduced primary and secondary efflorescence of building materials
- Stop a leaking chimney
- Protection against de-icing salts
- Reduced corrosion of steel reinforced concrete
- A non-tacky finish with stain release effect
- Alkali resistance
- Reduction in heat conductivity and thus, improved thermal insulation
- No reduction of water vapor permeability
- In most cases no change in surface appearance
- Solvent-free and low VOC