Plas-Tex RTU with Plas-Tex Powder – masonry patch & repair
Plas-Tex Powder is our own formula blended to create a long lasting and durable masonry patch, repair and leveling mix. Use for leveling, smoothing and patching existing concrete floors, walls, highway bridge decks, pre-stressed concrete or precast concrete floor plank, concrete driveways, sidewalks and industrial or residential floors. Also ideal for thin set terrazzo or underlayment.
• modified concrete or mortar overlays from feather edge to 1″ in thickness when bonding to old concrete.
• Prevents lifting, scaling or cracking of new topping.
• No chipping or roughening of old surface required.
• Non-flammable, non-toxic
• Adheres to concrete, wood, masonry, plastic and most structurally sound, clean surfaces.
• Withstands heavy industrial loads and abuse.
• May be used in or out of doors.
• Resists water, most chemicals and solvents.
• Excellent resistance to Ultra Violet light and heat.
• Dries to uniform concrete color
• No special curing required at ambient temperatures.
Acrylic Bonding Agent – Strengthen cement and mortar mixes
Plas-Tex RTU acrylic bonding agent is a water dispersion of acrylic polymers. It is specifically designed to be used as an integral admixture to modify Portland cement compositions; as concrete, mortar and stucco. Its use offers many distinct advantages when compared to unmodified concrete such as greater tensile strength, compressive strength, flexural strength, impact strength and abrasion resistance.
Plas-Tex RTU modified concrete or mortar is especially useful in thin section repairs or overlays as it improves the adhesion, cohesion and resiliency, as well as wearing quality and durability, especially when heavy vibration and traffic is experienced.
Application & Coverage
Plas-Tex Powder and Plas-Tex RTU are sold as a unit and are to be mixed 1 gallon of RTU to 1 (45lb.) bag of Plas-Tex Powder. The coverage rate at 1/2″ thickness is approximately 10 square feet. At 1/4″ thick the coverage is approximately 20 square feet, and so on.